The beautiful façade of the Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Conceição Velha (Church of our lady of the Conception) dates from before the destructive earthquake that struck Lisbon in 1755. It is meticulously carved in the elaborate Manueline style and resembles the portals of the mighty Jerónimos Monastery in Belém. Originally it was a side portal to the Igreja da Misericórdia (Church of Mercy) that was constructed on the same spot in 1496. During its day it was the second-largest church in Lisbon.
|Terreiro do Paço - Blue LIne|
|711, 714, 732, 735, 737, 736, 759, 760, 781 & 782|